Important News on the GHG Front
Please be aware the Ministry of Environment is in the "wind down" process of the cap-and-trade program - which is being eliminated under the new government. The amendments to the cap and trade regulations formally came into effect on August 1, 2018.
The following updates have been incorporated into the regulation:
- If a facility is registered as a capped participant (Mandatory and Voluntary) in the cap and trade program, the facility will need submit a mid-year report on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- This mid-year GHG emissions report is due by October 1, 2018 and is in addition to the annual report due next year.
- This additional GHG emissions report should cover the period from January 1 to July 3, 2018.
- The mid-year 2018 report cannot be submitted through the Single Window System, and must be submitted via e-mail to the MOECC at 2018GHGReporting@ontario.ca.
- Verification for the mid-year report is due December 1, 2018.